Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Little Lacy Hat

I love when I hear from someone who has received a hat from Delaware Head Huggers.  I especially love it if I can send them a particular hat in a color they request.

Well, I was attempting to make this lacy hat for a special patient who requested a white hat...................but, even though I followed every step and thought I was doing fine..........the hat is too small for an adult.  Still, I think it's a pretty hat, so it will definitely be included in tthe next shipment to a children's hospital.






This was a fun pattern to work with; lots of yarn overs and knitting 2 stitches together.  Just enough to have to concentrate and not enough to be frustrating!  It's a free pattern from Coats & Clark - found here:  http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Knitting/Projects/Accessories/LW1523+Lacy+Knit+Scarf+and+Hat.htm

Back to the needles to try a different hat, using more white yarn. Hope the next one comes out large enough for an adult!

No comments:

Post a Comment