Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Goal Met - Week 14!

It seemed to take longer than usual to get my two hats finished this week, but I did it!  Here they are.  The blue one is a new pattern that will be posted separately.



I've got so many projects that I want to cast on, but if I had any doubt that I need to keep making hats, I received 2 emails lately that showed me just how important Delaware Head Huggers is to so many.  I'm going to share them here, with all personal information taken out, of course.  I am humbled and amazed that in the midst of the health crisis these people and their families find themselves in, they find the time and take the effort to write to me.

"Words can not express the love I have in my heart for you and all the people who make the hats and help at   Delawareheadhuggers. My wife is a cancer patient at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in Rockville Centre New York. She is receiving aggressive Chemo treatment that makes her cold all the time and the gift of the hat has helped so much. She loves it and it looks very nice when she has it on.
 I thank you Robin and please tell all the volunteers who make the hats "THANK YOU" from us and all the cancer patients that enjoy them. You all are "Special" people."

 and

 "I can't tell you how much the box of beautifully handmade hats is.  They are just such a tremendous surprise. I will keep 2 and share the rest at the cancer clinic.
I was diagnosed with breast and lung cancer in late November of last year.  I've had 4 chemo treatments and have the 5th this next week.  I'll have 2 tests tomorrow which will determine if the tumors have shrunk and will move forward from there.  That is my big hope right now. I'm on many prayer lists and now my healing will be in God's hands.
There are people in the world that talk about doing something for the better and perhaps never start and there are people like you that get with the program and do things for others.  I've never received a gift from someone I don't know so you are my first.
  May you be blessed daily with tiny miracles that are always sprinkling around us. I thank you and your Head Huggers for being absolutely beyond thoughtful.
"


 Please, spread the word about us and help us if you are able. 
Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out. 

Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids







 

2 comments: