Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Goal Met - Week 15!

The year is flying by, but I'm managing to stay on track and get my hats finished!  This week I even designed two new ones and started designing my first blanket!! We're trying to win a contest too, so we can use the money for postage and supplies!

If anyone is willing and able, please vote for this idea.......it does not matter where you are located - you may vote in the popular vote.........if it wins, the money will be donated to Delaware Head Huggers/Kozy Kovers for Kids to pay for postage and supplies. :) 
YOU MUST BE SIGNED IN TO THE MARYLAND PRIZE SITE TO VOTE. IF YOU VOTE WHILE NOT SIGNED IN, THE VOTE WILL NOT BE COUNTED. Being signed into FB is NOT enough. I know this is confusing and aggravating........PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP! If you have voted when not signed in, please vote again!!!
Please go to the link, go sign in at the upper right hand corner (you can use your FB log in) and give him a Thumbs Up.....the thumbs up will turn green if you have voted.  THANK YOU!!!!!  The idea to vote for is by Paul Celli and it is called Helping to Prevent Delayed Transfusion Reactions
https://themarylandprize.maryland.spigit.com/Page/ViewIdea?ideaid=108

The first one I made this week was the Stylish Tiles hat.  That pattern has already been posted.  It's knit flat using a worsted weight yarn.  I think the solid color highlights the stitch definition, but I'm sure it would look great in a variegated yarn too.


The second hat this week is the Lucky Dots Hat.  This one was made on Friday the 13th, hence the "lucky" and it uses an alternating dots stitch.  It's knit on circulars using a 5-weight yarn.  That pattern will be posted in a new post.


I have also been working towards my goal of 4 blankets for Kozy Kovers for Kids this year too.  I have started a new pattern for a blanket.  I will post that pattern when I'm finished.  I like that it has some texture around the eyelets.........it's just a bit different I think.  Here is the progress so far.............


Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out.  Please let me know if you are aware of a chemo center who would benefit from a box of hats.......I'd love to ship some out!
Delaware Head Huggers  
Kozy Kovers for Kids
 
Happy Knitting Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment