Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Goal Met - Week 20!

Week 20!  Amazing!  The first hat I made this week was the Waves of Hope Chemo Cap.  I posted that pattern in the previous post.


The second hat this week is just a plain, warm cap in chocolate brown, so it's suitable for a man or a woman.


Our last tally was 6,716 hats and I have more in today that need to be tagged and added to the total.  Boxes were shipped out last week to several places and I'm working on a new pattern as well as the blanket pattern.  

I am always amazed at how many people take the time to look at my patterns and how generous people are about donating their beautiful handiwork.  When I started Delaware Head Huggers, I thought I'd be lucky to get in 100 or 200 hats per year.  People are fantastic!

I'm off to knit some more and I'll be back to share what I've done.  

Schnapps approved this one!  He's my Quality Control guy!


Happy Knitting Everyone!

 

Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out.  If there is a chemo center that is near and dear to your heart and you think they could use some hats, let me know and I will ship a box off to them.  This is what we do!!


Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids


1 comment:

  1. I started making the waves of hope chemo cap and wondering if it is going to fit a head size of 21 1/2 inches? Thanks so much! Staci Page

    ReplyDelete