Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Goal Met - Week 21!

It's been a busy week here.  More hats and blankets have been pouring in, bringing our grand totals to 756 blankets and 6,752 hats.  And counting!  More are always on their way and I haven't included my last few hats in this total yet either.  It's amazing how many people are so giving of their talents and time and help!  :)

By the way, I'm on Ravelry also - as deheadhuggers - and all my patterns are there as well!  

I made the Caterpillar Chemo Cap this week and that pattern is in the previous post.  I also designed this hat this week and I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I used Knit Picks CotLin yarn and I love it!  It's great to work with and so comfy!  AND easy care!!


Schnapps was just exhausted after working on this one!

The Caterpillar Chemo Cap - pattern posted previously

My wonderful friend Erina suggested that we do a calendar for Delaware Head Huggers with a new pattern for every month.  This pattern is going to be included in the calendar.  I'm hoping to have 12 knit patterns that I design and some very generous crocheters have offered to donate some of their patterns so we can have both knit and crochet patterns included so it appeals to everyone.  I'll post more details as it comes together, but I hope at least some of you are able to purchase it as holiday gifts.  This will be completely used as a fund raiser for the 2 charities.  Any monies collected will go towards paying for tags for all the items, postage, yarn and other supplies.  I'm excited to see what we can come up with in the next few months.  I'll still post some free patterns as well.

I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  I'll be busy knitting and I hope you find some time to craft too. 

Happy Knitting!!


Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out.  If there is a chemo center that is near and dear to your heart and you think they could use some hats, let me know and I will ship a box off to them.  This is what we do!!


Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment