Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Goal Met - Week 27!

We're in the middle of an awful heat wave here in Delaware, but so many people are in need of chemo caps that we haven't slowed down at all.  Latest tally is 7,033 and counting.  



This week brought lots of requests for hats and we shipped hats out to lots of individuals.  I made 6 hats this week and am almost finished with my blanket.

This is the first hat I made, which will be part of the calendar/e-book project for later in the year.

These 5 were knit for Molly in Delaware who is going through chemo and likes these hats the best.



Kozy Kovers for Kids just hit 810 blankets with more coming in each week too!  It's amazing how generous everyone is with their talents and time!

My blanket is almost finished......it's going to be a baby blanket, although the pattern would work no matter what size.  I just can't stand it on my legs in this heat!

Stay cool everyone!

Happy Knitting!

Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out.  If there is a chemo center that is near and dear to your heart and you think they could use some hats, let me know and I will ship a box off to them.  This is what we do!!


Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment