Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Week 35 - Hats, Exciting News and a Bookmark!

Can you believe that it's week 35 of 2012 already?  I'm not sure where the time is going, but it's definitely going quickly.

My 2 hats are finished for the week.  The Let There Be Rows Hat which is in a previous post was first this week.  I love using bulky yarn and getting amazing texture from such simple stitches.  I'm planning another hat with 6-weight yarn too.  Hopefully that will come out nicely too.



 Then, the award winning author, Geri Krotow contacted me this week about putting one of my patterns in her upcoming novel!!  This means that the thousands of people who read her book will learn about Delaware Head Huggers too!  Isn't that fantastic??  So, after learning a bit about the setting and characters in the book, the Navy Hug Hat was designed.  I hope everyone likes it!  To learn more about Geri and her books, visit her website and her Facebook page!



I also finished up a lace bookmark - with Schnapps' help of course -  this week.  I used metallic yarn which is a bit difficult to photograph.  I am getting the pattern written so that I can share it with everyone in another post.
 

Poor Schnapps has his annual check up at the vet this week and his blood work came back showing Lyme disease.  :(   As you can imagine, we are very upset and worried and taking extra good care of him.  He's on antibiotics for a month and we are waiting for the results of more blood work too.....  He was quite sad to have to have blood drawn twice this week!
BUT, he was very grateful for all the love and hugs sent to him from everyone!  He appears to be feeling fine...........so we're hoping we caught this early.  Enough love for the Schnauzer and he smiles again!  And he is VERY much loved.

Happy Knitting Everyone! 

Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out.  If there is a chemo center that is near and dear to your heart and you think they could use some hats, let me know and I will ship a box off to them.  This is what we do!!


Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment