Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Two New Hat Patterns and Donations for Hurricane Relief!

While Hurricane Sandy was pounding away at the entire East Coast, including my backyard, I designed these 2 hats.  We were incredibly lucky to escape any damage from the storm.  We even kept our power on for all but 2 hours!  We are so very grateful.

We are also horrified to see the damage that has been done to so many places, especially New Jersey and New York where we have many friends.  Parts of Long Island will be without power for at least 2 weeks and the devastation is just heartbreaking.  

While these 2 patterns would have been free ones posted as usual, I have decided to charge $2 for each and I will be donating 100% of the price to relief efforts in NJ and NY.  All monies will be donated to smaller relief efforts or to Points of Light:  "Points of Light is working alongside National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) and the Corporation for National and Community Service from FEMA headquarters in Washington, D.C., to support the coordination of the voluntary response and recovery efforts....You can donate online at www.pointsoflight.org/donate."

I will also be donating 100% of sales of all other patterns, including e-books, sold in November to relief efforts. This is a way you can help make a difference and still get some new knitting patterns too!

The links to the left will take you to my Craftsy store or my Ravelry store.  The patterns are in both places so that you can purchase them wherever you prefer.   Feel free to email me at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org if you have any questions at all.

These are the two hats.  I hope you like them.

Raindrops

Weathering the Storm

Schnapps was wet for a few days, but he is very thankful to have his house safe and sound. 
We send heartfelt hugs and good wishes to everyone affected by the storm. Stay safe and be careful!

Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out.  If there is a chemo center that is near and dear to your heart and you think they could use some hats, let me know and I will ship a box off to them.  This is what we do!!


Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment