Schnapps

Schnapps
My Very Best Friend!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Warm Hands - Warmer Hearts Scarf

Today is October 1, 2012 and it's the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  I honor of my aunt and all our other loved ones lost to breast cancer, this week (from October 1 through October 8, 2012) I will be donating 10% of the proceeds of patterns sold to the National Breast Cancer Society.  The other 90% of the price will go directly to supporting and maintaining Delaware Head Huggers. In other words, 100% of what you spend will be going to help patients in some way.

This is a new pattern that will be posted on Craftsy as well as on Ravelry for all to purchase for $2.50.  Instructions for making this pattern wide enough to be a shawl are included as well as working it with worsted weight and bulky yarns.

But, ALL pattern sales will be included in this donation: my individual patterns and my e-books as well.  It's a way to help make a difference and get some new patterns at the same time.  If this is successful, I will be doing this every so often for other Cancer Societies as well.  It is a way that Schnapps and I think we can help make a bit of a difference! 

Whether you are purchasing any patterns or not, please feel free to stop by our Facebook page to see items as soon as they come off my needles and to help name them!



It's a cozy scarf with nice deep pockets to keep your hands warm or to carry dog cookies........can you tell who's idea that was??  It can be knit in any color - including pink - to suit anyone!

Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out.  If there is a chemo center that is near and dear to your heart and you think they could use some hats, let me know and I will ship a box off to them.  This is what we do!!


Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment