Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Between the Lines: A Bookmark or A Scarf...or even a Washcloth!!

Can you believe that this is my 100th post?  And it's not a hat pattern!  Thank you all for reading along with me as I post these patterns and keep track of Delaware Head Huggers and Kozy Kovers for Kids!  I truly appreciate all your support and help!  Schnapps sends kisses to all!




I needed something simple and easy to do while football was on last night and I hadn't worked out my next hat pattern yet, so I tried this with the tiny bit of leftover Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran yarn that I had from making the Embrace of Waves Cap.

Just an easy to memorize 2-row repeat, I think this pattern would work equally as well for a scarf too..........you could use bulky yarn, size US 13 needles and work the pattern the same or you could double the stitches and use size 8 needles........play around with it!  I also think it would be a cute washcloth........I know I'll be pulling out some 100% cotton yarn and trying it soon.

Take note of the book here.  This is Geri Krotow's book NAVY RULES!  I highly recommend it to all.  Read it now and join me in anticipating Geri's next book, due out next summer!  The new book will be about some of the same characters and will contain a Delaware Head Huggers pattern too!  



The pattern may also be found on Scribd.com as a PDF and, as always, you can email me at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will email you a copy.


Between The Lines

To put the size in perspective this is a hardcover book

This is a paperback book.

You will need:  worsted weight yarn and size US 5 knitting needles (or any combination that works for you and the yarn you are using!)
 
Abbreviations:

yo:  yarn over

k2tog:  knit 2 stitches together as one

p2tog:  purl 2 stitches together as one

 
Cast on 12 stitches.


Work Edge:

Knit every stitch for 2 rows.

 
Pattern:

Row 1:  k1, *yo, k2tog* repeat from * to last stitch, k1

Row 2:  k1, *yo, p2tog* repeat from * to last stitch, k1

Repeat Rows 1 - 2 until the piece is desired length. 
 
Work Edge Again

Knit every stitch for 2 rows.

Finish: Bind off all stitches knit wise. 

This pattern is in multiples of 2 with 1 edge stitches on each side.  To make the piece wider, add stitches in increments of 2, always keeping one stitch on either end as a knit stitch edge.
 

Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out.  If there is a chemo center that is near and dear to your heart and you think they could use some hats, let me know and I will ship a box off to them.  This is what we do!!


Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment