Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Football Season Begins! Let's Knit Football Game Caps!

I don't know about you, but I'm a big football fan.  I love spending Sunday afternoons with my son and my husband and Schnapps watching the games and knitting.  The only problem is the pattern I am working on has got to be simple enough to knit while watching the game.  And, I like to be able to finish a hat before the end of the game.......maybe even by halftime.

*** If you don't have any heavy weight yarn on hand, just grab two strands of worsted weight yarn, hold them together as one and have at it!  Just remember that you will need more total yardage this way.  Use 2 different colors for a different effect.  Have fun with it and enjoy knitting these patterns!  ***

The most recent "Journey to the Top" hat is a super simple quick knit, as are a lot of my other patterns.  Each of these pictured are quick and easy, using heavy weight yarn, larger needles and have easy to memorize patterns. I have put them all together in an ebook:  Football Game Caps for $1.25. It can be found in my Craftsy store and in Ravelry in my store also.

 The only pattern that is not in my other ebooks is the latest, Journey to the Top, so please do not purchase this ebook if you have already purchased the others.  I don't want you to duplicate your patterns.  However, if you haven't bought the other books and want easy access to patterns that you can complete in a football game, this is the book for you.

Try to take at least one day this football season to make a cap to donate to someone who truly needs it.  We all get so caught up in our daily lives and doing all that needs to be done for ourselves that sometimes we forget that there are a lot of people out there who really could use our help, hugs and love!  You are always welcome to send hats to Delaware Head Huggers, or just donate them locally and make a difference, one hat at a time!

Happy Football Season!  Enjoy!!














Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out. 
Delaware Head Huggers  
Kozy Kovers for Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment