Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

2 Hats and a Blanket - Week 10 of 2012

Busy week, full of good things.  Thank goodness I managed to get my two hats knit.  They are just simple, comfy hats.  I managed to finish a couple of skeins of yarn from my stash while I was at it.

This was an amazing week for Delaware Head Huggers!  More than 200 hats came in to be tagged and shipped out, bringing our running total to 6,233!  I also dropped 100 hats off at Kent General Hospital and shipped out 3 boxes to various centers, delivering 285 hats this week.  :) 

Kozy Kovers for Kids has been having a fun week also.  I'm trying to get people from all 50 states and as many other countries as possible to "like" us on Facebook.  Lots of new people have stopped in to say hello and I hope they will consider making a blanket for a child in need.  I dropped about 40 blankets off at Kent General's Emergency Department to have on hand to give to children brought in suffering from abuse or neglect.  Sad to say, they won't last long, so we need more blankets!  We're also working with Kind to Kids (www.kindtokids.org) on their Blue Duffel Campaign.  We'd love to be able to put a blanket in each duffel bag.  So far, they have about 100 and they need about 700 more!  I'm sure they won't all be from us, but we will do what we can.

I finished my first blanket of the year for Kozy Kovers too!  I love this pattern.  It's a Lion Brand free pattern - Child's Knitted Blanket - Jiffy Pattern #690. The eyelet design gives it a beautiful look, but the pattern is super simple and knits up quickly.  I didn't have any Jiffy on hand, so I used some stash yarn - but I love the finished look of this.  I'm sure I will be making others using the same pattern.


Now I'm working on another baby blanket, but this one is for a gift.  Then I'll get started on the next Kozy Kover.

Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  Like us on Facebook, stop by the website, email me to just say HI.  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out. 

Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids


Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment