Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Carolyn Rose Cap 2.0 - In the Round

I've been missing Carolyn a lot lately.............wishing I could talk to her.  I just had to knit one of these hats as my second hat this week.  I am certain that she is the push behind all my hat ideas............

Since many people have asked for how to knit this cap in the round, I figured I would work it that way and then post the directions.  It took a little adapting, but came out fine.  The original pattern, knit flat is still available here


 This pattern is free, but please, if you haven't already, stop by our Facebook page and like us. Follow along as we make a difference, find out where all our hats go and learn about new hat patterns as soon as Schnapps and I finish them.  We're a finalist in the PNC Neighborhood Wishlist program also!  Details will only be on Facebook detailing how to vote.  There are also always new photos of Schnapps to see!

Tags for Kozy Kovers for Kids have a heart shape punched out of them......one stuck to Schnapps!


The pattern may also be found on Scribd.com as a PDF
Carolyn Rose Cap





You will need:

5 weight yarn and size 10.5 needles.

Abbreviations:

k1b:  knit one stitch in the row below the one you are currently knitting

k2tog:  knit 2 stitches together


Cast on 55 stitches, place marker and join, taking care to not twist your stitches.

Work in K3, P2 ribbing for 1 - 2 inches, depending on your taste.

Row 1:  *k3, p2*; repeat around

Repeat Row 1 as many times as needed


Rose Stitch Pattern:

Row 1:  *p1, k1*; repeat around  (for the first repeat ONLY,  end with a k2tog, instead of k1)
Row 2:  *k1b, k1*; repeat around
Row 3:  *k1, p1*; repeat around
Row 4:  *k1, k1b*; repeat around

Repeat Rows 1 - 4 until the piece measures 7.5 to 8 inches, again, depending on your taste.

Decrease Crown:

Row 1:  *k4, k2tog*; repeat across
Row 2:  *k3, k2tog*; repeat across
Row 3:  *k2, k2tog*; repeat across
Row 4:  *k1, k2tog*; repeat across

Finish:

Cut working yarn, leaving a 6-inch tail.  Draw the tail through the stitches remaining on your needles and cinch tightly.  Secure and weave in ends.  After making this hat, if you're not donating it to someone, please do something for someone else to honor Carolyn's memory.

 Happy Knitting!

 
Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out.  If there is a chemo center that is near and dear to your heart and you think they could use some hats, let me know and I will ship a box off to them.  This is what we do!!


Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids







2 comments:

  1. I love your patterns. I do not belong to Facebook for personal reasons but I sure do like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like the patterns! :)

      Delete