Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Introducing Let There Be Rows: A One Row Hat!

Well, it's Sunday and the first hat for the week is already off my needles and ready to go.
Thank you Minetta for the name!  

This weekend I also managed to figure out how to post a link to my Ravelry page with all my patterns on this blog.  I realize that doesn't seem like such a major accomplishment, but it took me quite some time to get it right!  You can just click the link to have access to all of my patterns, free and otherwise.


This is a quick and very easy pattern - it's just one row!  I knit this with Hometown USA from Lion Brand, but any 6-weight yarn would do wonderfully.  Or you can adapt the pattern - just use multiples of 3 stitches.  I think it will look very different, but equally nice knit in a worsted weight yarn on size 7 needles.

Schnapps hopes you like this one!


 The pattern may also be found on Scribd.com as a PDF


Let There Be Rows




 You will need 6-weight yarn - between 75 - 80 yards and size US 13 circular needles (16" in length)


Abbreviations:

LT:  Left twist - skip the first stitch and knit the second stitch through the back loop, then knit the first stitch as usual and slip both stitches off the LH needle.

k2tog - knit 2 stitches together as one


Cast on 48 stitches, place marker and join, taking care not to twist stitches.

Work Pattern:

Row 1: *LT, p1*; repeat around

Repeat Row 1 until piece is 7.5 inches long (or longer if desired)

Decrease Crown:

Row 1:  *k2tog, p1*; repeat around

Row 2:  *k2tog*; repeat around

Finish: Cut working yarn, leaving a 6-inch tail.  Draw the tail through the remaining stitches, cinch closed and secure.  Weave in ends and enjoy.

This pattern uses a multiple of 3.  The model fit my head comfortably, but was snug on my husband, so add stitches if making for a man.  You can use worsted weight yarn and size 7 needles and just double the number of cast on stitches.  Or 5-weight yarn and size 10.5 needles and start with 72 stitches.  Or make it for a child and go smaller!  It’s very adaptable!!



Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out.  If there is a chemo center that is near and dear to your heart and you think they could use some hats, let me know and I will ship a box off to them.  This is what we do!!


Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids

1 comment:

  1. Making for my grandson in a worsted weight yarn(camo colors). Looks slightly different than yours. Love the pattern. First attempt at a hat on circular needles.

    ReplyDelete