Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Introducing Healing Paths!

Schnapps worked hard on this hat this week!  He and I felt that we needed to add a new pattern to our store so that we can give even more to hurricane relief efforts.  Thank you Jan for the name!  The pattern has the pattern multiples as well as instructions for using worsted, chunky and sport weight yarn.


Last week, we used 100% of pattern sales, which was $80 to purchase baby supplies that were needed by a shelter in New Jersey.  Those of you who aren't on the East Coast are probably not even aware of the complete destruction that happened in NY & NJ.  Many people are still without power and a nor-easter is headed that way this week also.  These people need HELP! 

Some churches and organizations here in DE are working with shelters in NY & NJ and coordinating efforts to get the items that are most needed to the shelters.  Baby items, food, warm clothing and pet food are just some of the many things that are necessary.  All of us are digging through our closets to give whatever we can to those in need.  Selling my patterns is another way I can help.  

Schnapps is very worried about all the petss who lost their homes too!


I hope you all understand why I am doing this.  Free patterns will still be posted, I promise.  But for November, I will be splitting my patterns between free ones and sales to help.  100% of ALL my pattern sales from Craftsy and Ravelry for the entire month of November will be given to hurricane relief efforts.  Please help if you can.  You can get some new patterns and help us help those who really need it right now. 

Schnapps wouldn't let us peek at this one until it was finished!

 Please use the links on the right hand side of the blog to go to my Craftsy or my Ravelry Store.  Healing Paths will be available there as well as all my other patterns, free and for sale.  Join our Facebook page to see items as soon as they come off my needles and to help name them!  You'll also see just where all our hats are being sent and you'll be able to see what I am donating on behalf of all of us to hurricane relief!  

To find this pattern only click on the site name you wish to purchase from below:

Craftsy 

Ravelry 





Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out.  If there is a chemo center that is near and dear to your heart and you think they could use some hats, let me know and I will ship a box off to them.  This is what we do!!


Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids




No comments:

Post a Comment