Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas to All!

I'm stunned about the latest senseless violence; this time directed at volunteer first responders, volunteer firefighters in Webster, NY.  My thoughts and prayers are with all affected by this tragedy.  Too much evil is in our world.  I can't make it all go away and I can't make sense of any of it.  All  I can do is try to influence the world around me and make it kinder and more loving.  I hope that everyone will take steps this year to do the same.

Gun control, violent video games, movie violence - all are hot topics of discussion right now.  Personally, I will not have a gun in my home and I do not watch violent movies or television shows.  I get no enjoyment from them at all.  My son was not allowed to play the violent video games when he was younger, again, for personal reasons.  No one issue creates the monsters that we have walking among us these days.  It's a combination of things, along with a desensitization to violence and a lack of concern and consideration for others.  Too many people these days seem to be only concerned with themselves.  Whether it's blasting music that wakes up your entire neighborhood or pushing in front of someone else on line or allowing your child to bully another - there is an incredible lack of empathy and compassion in people these days.  I think if we all took steps to try to do one nice thing a day for someone else and taught our children to do the same, it would soon become a habit and the world might be able to get at least part way back on track.

 It's Christmas Eve already.  Schnapps is excited and patiently waiting for Santa Paws to arrive. All the presents are wrapped, cookies are baked, decorations are up and we are ready to celebrate.  But, in the back of my mind will be all those who have suffered from the senseless actions of others.  I wish I could hug them all.  Hugs, hope and love are headed out from our family to you and your family with wishes for a beautiful Christmas and a 2013 that is filled with kindness, happiness, health and love for each other.  It starts with each of us.  Please join me in attempting to make the world a better place in the upcoming year.  Let's all start right now.

Merry Christmas to all from Schnapps and my entire family to all of you!  Hugs, hope and love!!




Remember, all are welcome to join us in some way - we love to see new people and are grateful when more people hear about us.  So, spread the word!  And, as always, if you or anyone you know is in need of chemo caps, please feel free to contact me directly at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org and I will be happy to ship some out.  If there is a chemo center that is near and dear to your heart and you think they could use some hats, let me know and I will ship a box off to them.  This is what we do!!





Delaware Head Huggers  









Kozy Kovers for Kids



No comments:

Post a Comment