Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Cowl for My Puppy!

Schnapps loves his scarves.  He always has one on in the cold weather and if you take it off him for some reason, he goes and finds it and brings it to you to put back on his neck.  But, I found that the scarf would stretch a little and gradually get longer and longer, until I had to tuck the ends through several times to keep them from dragging on the floor.  

Since cowls are such a big thing now, I thought, why not make one for him?  So I just took out my yarn stash, found some that would compliment his fur and set to work. I whipped up a quick one using a loom for his first one. In just about 30 minutes I had a nice, toasty warm cowl that fits him perfectly.



If you want to make one for your dog, just take his or her collar and measure it.  Add an inch or two (maybe 4 or 5 for large dogs) and make any cowl that you would make for a person. On a loom, just do a simple cast on, knit for as many rows as you think you need and do a stretchy bind off.  I'm going to make him some more soon.  

No more scarf ends trailing in the snow for Schnapps!

No comments:

Post a Comment