Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 4 - Hats & Afghan Finished!

Finally, I have finished the Winter Lace Afghan. This is a Lion Brand pattern and it was great to knit.  I really enjoyed it and the detail is fantastic.  Knit in Wool Ease Thick and Quick, it's extra toasty.  This is headed out early in the week to a special person. 
My washing machine broke this week and flooded my basement........tons of fun.  Luckily, ALL hats, blankets and yarn were safely in plastic tubs and nothing was damaged.  Can't say the same for the rest of my basement, but the important things were saved! 

Schnapps was busy helping me this week.......


He likes to be included!  Together we got 4 hats finished for Delaware Head Huggers!  I did 2 roll brim loom hats, 1 Carolyn Rose cap and 1 woven top loom knit hat. 


I've got several hats and blankets that need to be tagged this week.  Now that the basement is dried out and the new washing machine is churning out clean clothes again, I will be able to sit down and get to that.  As always, I am simply amazed at the gorgeous items that are donated each and every week!
I'll be working on meeting my goal of at least 2 hats this week and I'm hoping to cast on for a blanket for Kozy Kovers for Kids too!

Join us if you can - all are welcome!

Delaware Head Huggers  

Kozy Kovers for Kids

Happy Knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment